1. The aquarium should be installed in a place with minimum exposure to direct sun light.
2. A suitable aquarium underlay, such as the
will prevent a cracking of the bottom glass.
4. For the optimal care of aquatic plants we recommend the use of an undergravel heating cable (
JBL ProTemp b10
). Now is the right time to install such a cable. The cable should mainly be laid where the plants will later go (mostly in the rear area). The undergravel heating cable promotes the water flow inside the substrate and therefore the plant growth.
5. Now the substrate for aquatic plants (
JBL AquaBasis plus
) is added. The substrate should also be inserted where the plants later go.
6. Over the substrate layer goes the
(rinse it beforehand in a bucket of lukewarm water ), which at the same time supports the filter and promotes the plant growth. Alternatively also other substrates, such as
JBL Sansibar bílý
Sansibar or washed gravel can also be used. The substrate should completely cover the bottom ground and be slightly raised towards the back.
7. Now further technical items can be inserted. First the heater, then, if available, the CO2 reactor and afterwards the suction pipe of the filter and the spray bar. Caution: Do not connect any technical items to the mains if there is no water inside the aquarium!
8. Fill with lukewarm water of 18 – 25 °C. There are 2 ways to continue: 1.) Just fill the aquarium to 1/3 with water and then start with decoration or 2.) Fill 2/3 of the aquarium and decorate under water. If variant 1 has been chosen, you will need to moisten the aquatic plants which rise above the water surface continuously with a water spray bottle.
9. When adding the water, make sure not to unsettle the substrate. A small, clean plate or a plastic foil (bag) can help here.
10. Now attach the thermometer.
11. Thoroughly rinse wood and stones before insertion.
12. The water conditioner
conditions tap water to create biotope aquarium water.
13. High growing plants in the background, low growing plants in the foreground.
14. Now the aquarium can be completely filled with water.
15. Connect technical devices.
16. Please add after one hour
(and also during the following 10 days). The containing bacteria prevent the increase of toxic pollutants in water, such as ammonia and nitrite.
17. An initial slight water cloudiness will disappear by itself in the first days and is nothing to worry about.
18. After two days the first fish can be added. Don’t put too many fish in all at once because the bacteria population in the aquarium adapts very slowly to the sudden increase in water pollution, which is caused by feeding and fish excrements.