Become the World Champion in the JBL Biotope Aquarium Contest!
For the third time since 2011, the Unitex company and JBL are jointly holding the International Biotope Aquarium Contest in Russia. Prospective participants must submit their application by 10 October 2013.
There is a prize pool of 2,300 euros available for the winners – so it's definitely worth taking part!
Biotope aquatics is much more challenging than aquascaping, where an attractive design is decisive and, accordingly, the needs of the fish and the matching countries of origin are irrelevant: Who will manage to put together the most attractive aquarium where all of the plants, decorations and animals all stem from a biotope which really exists? For example, if someone decides to design a Florida biotope aquarium, they can only use plants and animals that really live in rivers in Florida. Likewise, the decorations have to match the animals’ natural surroundings, so that black gravel can only be used if the animals’ habitat is volcanic.
How to apply:
- Download your Application Form (http://all4aquarium.ru/en/node/4816) and submit the Application along with a frontal photo of your aquarium by 10 October 2013.
- Your biotope aquarium must comply with the rules: (http://all4aquarium.ru/en/events/jbl-biotope-contest-2013/rules)
- The photo will be rated online.
- The winners in each category will travel to St. Petersburg where they will set up a biotope aquarium live in the final round from 20 to 22 November 2013. Each finalist will receive a travel allowance.
- A jury will decide the final placement on 23 November 2013.