The freshly hatched Artemia crustaceans (nauplii) briefly feed on their yolk sac. Once this is used up, they need micro algae as food. JBL ArtemioFluid contains homogenised phytoplankton (algae) and other vital nutrients and is the ideal nutrition for brine shrimp. It significantly increases their nutritional value as food for young fish, in the same way as a bun filled with vegetables would have a significantly higher nutritional value than an "empty" bun.
If you want to cultivate Artemia eggs, you need to put the eggs into saltwater. JBL ArtemioSal has been designed to create this saltwater. The small Artemia crustaceans hatch inside and then provide perfect live food for your aquarium fish. The micro algae included in the salt mixture serve as food for the freshly hatched crustaceans.
Making your own live food has several advantages:
- High in fibre
- No need to catch in ponds
- Promotes the fish's hunting instinct
- Increases spawning readiness
- Simple, quick and convenient
- Cheap alternative to frozen food
- Add salt to the water
- Put the Artemia eggs into the saltwater
- Wait until the brine shrimps have hatched
- Strain the brine shrimps into a sieve
- Ready for feeding