Because LEDs have only really become more energy-saving than fluorescent tubes recently, there has generally been no technology and no demand (!) to optimise the LED light spectrum for aquarium plants. Up to now LEDs have only been used in the technical sector and in the home. The light spectrum of aquatic plants, however, varies considerably from the spectrum in the home or the LEDs for torches. Here it is a matter of the photosynthetically active radiation range, called PAR (Photosynthetic Active Radiation), and a full spectrum which contains the TOTAL range within the visible light spectrum. Only with those two components could the perfect light for aquarium plants be manufactured!
Since JBL was the first manufacturer worldwide to develop a full spectrum modelled on sunlight with its JBL SOLAR fluorescent tubes, our development department didn’t just want to use the available home spectrums for LED aquarium technology, it wanted to create a SOLAR full spectrum, especially for aquariums! This took some time – but now it is available!
The very special features of the new JBL LED SOLAR lights:
• The JBL LED SOLAR Lamps are suitable as replacements for ALL fluorescent tube lengths
• Together with the light the basic equipment JBL SOLAR Natur contains a remote control unit for simple and professional control
• The JBL LED lights have a full spectrum and are plant-optimised due to their high PAR values (photosynthetically active radiation). That is an achievement of our JBL research!
• Convenient holders enable installation in existing T5 and T8 tube end caps, plug-on holders, made of stainless steel, are of course also included.
• Also compatible with a light computer which can be steered by mobile phone. This enables light values for various biotopes, incl. rainy season, clouds and thunderstorm
• Includes a special program to accustom plants to the strong LED lighting