Hey guys! In the last few weeks, I’ve learned so many new things about JBL that I didn't know before and I don't want you to miss out. That's why I’ve decided to rank them into a top ten.
So here are my top 10 JBL facts:
1. Photovoltaic systems are installed on every building in the company. They generate a large part of all the electricity needed for the factory. ( Sustainability )
2. JBL operates its own research center with experienced scientists and organises research expeditions to the home areas of aquarium and terrarium inhabitants almost every year in order to obtain first-hand information itself. The food produced is thus "expedition approved", as an important part of the expeditions are the feeding trials of the animals in their natural habitat. By the way, anyone can take part in these trips. ( Research , Expeditions )
3. the company name JBL came about through the introduction of the medication Punktol (against white spot disease in ornamental fish) by Joachim Böhme in 1960. In order to get it onto the market, he needed a brand name. The initials J and B from his name were used and the then location of his pet shop Ludwigshafen L was added.
4. JBL GmbH & Co. KG is still a family business and not a corporate group.
5. JBL food production uses large-volume biofilters which make activated carbon and UV-C unnecessary and clean the air. As a result, the smell of fish food is not perceptible outside the factory.
6. All food, care and remedy products and all water tests are manufactured in-house at the Neuhofen/Pfalz factory. The individual components of the technical products are manufactured abroad according to JBL's ideas and specifications. This means that there is constant control over the manufacturing process. The assembly and functionality tests of the finished articles are again carried out at the Neuhofen factory.
7. JBL uses advisors and calculators to offer online solutions for aquariums and ponds. For example, a food advisor can help you find out which food is best suited for your stock. Here is a short list of all the help available: Food advisor , Pond laboratory / calculator , ProScape Calculator , ProScape substrate calculator , ProScape light calculator
8. JBL developed the first app ( JBL PROSCAN ) that makes it possible to accurately record water values with your smartphone and the reference card supplied.
9. If you register your products on the website, you can get two years extra on top of the usual two-year manufacturer's guarantee. This gives you a total of 4 years guarantee on your products. ( Product registration )
10. JBL's product range comprises over 1,000 products, which are exported to 65 different countries around the world.
Did you know all that?
I am sure one or two points were new to you too!