From 4 to 20 February 2012, the 6th JBL Expedition led to Central America and to the Galapagos Islands in the Pacific. The team was made up of 16 participants, 12 of whom had been drawn by lot from 60 applicants.
- Heiko Blessin (Biologist at JBL's and Expedition Leader)
- Roland Böhme (General Manager)
- Didier Lergenmuller (JBL Sales Manager)
- Dr. Ludwig Neurohr (Expedition Doctor)
- Dr. Michael Gruß (Biologist)
- Peter Hansson (Swedish Aquarium Expert)
- Dr. Jens Schneider (Aquarium Enthusiast)
- Matthias Kahmann (W-Lan/ WiFi Expert and Store Manager at Fressnapf)
- Anna and Piotr Piesik (Polish Aquarium Enthusiasts)
- Ulrich Paetsch (Fisheries Expert)
- Norbert Nicolaus (General Manager at Zoo & Co Nicolaus)
- Sebastian Gemmecke (Zoo Store Manager at Hellweg)
- Petra and Michael Trapp (Owners of ZooBuy) and
- Klaus Gerstner (Senior Manager at Zoo-Gerstner).
Unfortunately, the price tag of € 4,700 for the trip was rather high, with the four days of Galapagos already eating up half the total costs. JBL organised the expedition in collaboration with Flugpoint Mannheim, who specialise in Central America.